Sometimes you already have a good website, offering efficient shipping options and are making good marketing campaigns to drive sales online but still, people are not buying from your website. One of the reasons for this can be that your users don’t feel secure when using your web page. We can help you with tips to improve the way your users feel about your website:
1. Use a https web page
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between the user's computer and the site. This little “s” at the end of your “http” shows your customer that your website is safe and provides 3 layers of protection: Encryption, Data Integrity and Authentication. Learn how to implement it.
2. Use stamps of confidence
Use reliable/truth stamps of confidence. Users will feel safer if your website is certified by a reliable organization
3. Provide customer reviews
Word of mouth is still the most effective form of marketing. When a user sees a customer review they will feel safe and comfortable to continue their purchase.
4. Put your company’s phone number in a prominent place
Put your company’s phone number in the top banner or header of your web site. A landline number still does mean reliability, integrity and a ‘place’ in the user’s mind. Make your customer know if they buy online they can still talk to a real person if they need to.
5. Include several payment methods
Each customer is different and because of this, they also behave differently. Some users will feel comfortable uploading their credit card information on your website, some of them would prefer to use a platform like paypal- well known and trusted. To be prepared for all kind of customers include different payment methods.
Some examples of different payment methods for your business:
- Paypal: “Accept PayPal and card payments on your website, from using checkout buttons to our fully customised online solutions.”
- Stripe: “Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for internet commerce. Whether you’re creating a subscription service, an on-demand marketplace, an e-commerce store, or a crowdfunding platform, Stripe’s meticulously-designed APIs and unmatched functionality help you create the best possible product for your users.”
- Google Checkout: “With a click, your customers can choose any payment method saved in their Google Account and check out almost instantly across apps and sites.”
- Sage Pay: “Your customers shop 24/7, at their convenience and want to use their preferred payment method. Sage Pay makes going online easy by giving you all the tools and support you need to ensure your business grows.”
Thinking about starting an e-commerce website? Check our article about shipping and delivery.